Saturday, August 1, 2009

Garden make over

This was my perennial garden in the beginning of June. The wood boards were falling apart. After shopping around trying to decide how to do the new edging. Wood? Plastic? Brick? After debating a few days, and several trips to the store, Matt and I decided on brick edgers. (yes, my almost 14 year old has opinions on how to re-do!)


We started taking the old wood apart. It was a very quick dismantle, as the corners weren't reinforced, and just help together by nails. The boards left a nice, straight line to use for lining up the bricks. I wasn't too sure if one layer of bricks would do the job, or it I would need two layers. The only way to find out is to start with layer one. Stay tuned for updates!

Stop by Cath's Pennies Designs and see her pumpkin penny rug! She's giving this away as a give away. It's absolutely gorgeous, and whoever wins it is very lucky! I'm really hoping I"ll win!

No comments: