Sunday, September 8, 2013
The cutting took no time at all, since the 2 1/2 strips were already cut. The hardest part was diving the fabric into dark/lights. Then laying out the 16 squares and using different fabrics in each square. I tried to vary large and small prints, and get different colors in each. Since the jelly roll had all different fabrics, it's going to be a very scrappy looking quilt.
I haven't sewn a quilt in quite a few years. I've always tried to get even edges, but haven't succeeded. So, I just ordered a new 1/4" quilt foot for my sewing machine. For $6, it's worth a try. Now to wait for it to arrive in the mail this week. :)
~*~ Laura ~*~