Sunday, August 23, 2009

Kitty Punch needle



I just finished this cat punch needle pinkeep ~ it will go on Ebay later tonight. I've had this graphic printed and waiting to punch and finally got around to it. I've been doing a little more outlining on my punching (I did the cat and the flower on this one), and experimenting with combining colors. I used 3 strands each of different shades of green for the grass. The background was done in ecru and beige, but combined in different amounts throughout the background. Just a different way to get some depth besides over-dyed floss.

Tomorrow is my last day off before starting work. Even though Tuesday is only a half day of school, they want us in the lunchroom as the kids are getting tours. I managed to get all the other stuff for work done last week. I got fingerprinted, had to get a physical with TB test, go back to have the TB test read, and a morning meeting. I'm even going to get paid for attending the meeting ~ what a concept! :)

If I take my walk after dark tonight, I'll have to take my camera. Last night the sun was down when I finished walking. I had one more block until home, when I thought I saw a dog coming towards me. It wasn't a dog, but one of the foxes that lives in the neighborhood! It was no more than 10 feet from me, and didn't run away. I made some noise, and it finally left (ok, "I" was the one who left ~ QUICKLY!). Now I need some photos of it! :)

No comments: