Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Whatcha working on Wednesday


I started a punch needle crow using a rug hooking pattern. The colors in the rug hook were way too bright, so I toned them down with more primitive colors. For the background, I'm trying a couple different shades of blue, but without punching "stripes". The camera really defines the colors, but they aren't that different in person. I'm doing some shaded areas, and filling in a few small areas with the darker blue. I really like the way it's turning out. The border will be red with gold stars.

As I'm punching, I'll take out my frustrations with the Cubs. I was listening to the game on the radio last night, and they blew a 5-0 lead in the 8th inning. Why, oh, why am I a Cub's fan? I think I really believe in the curse. (ok, the relief pitchers need to be replaced - they need Kerry Wood back!)

I have to make my shopping list for the birthday boy next week. James will be 9 on Monday. He still has school that day, but will bring in ice cream for birthday treats.

Enjoy the nice cool weather!





No comments: