Thursday, June 25, 2009

Almost done!

Here are all the bags of stuff I've removed from Rachel's room. This doesn't include the bags of garbage, believe it or not. I now need to take the bags to the local Goodwill store by tomorrow evening. I don't want her digging through all the bags to see what she'll keep - whether it fits or not!

Matt decided that her carpet needed steam cleaning. So, he cleaned the carpet yesterday. I'm washing all the bedding, and now need to iron the curtains to hang back up.

I put Andrew to work getting the corn on the cob ready for the grill. It was SO hot this week, that I didn't want to turn on the oven. I found a new recipe for a rotisserie chicken in the crock pot. Put some foil balls in the bottom of the crock pot, then put the whole chicken on top with spices. It was good, and Matt wants me to make it again.

Our exciting new purchase this week is above!!! No, it's not a new van, but new tires for the van, plus a new battery. I can almost hear all the oh's and ah's! Needed the new tires for the trip next month. We didn't want to drive the mountains (and possible snow) with our old tires. We keep our local mechanic in business since we're always having something done.

I haven't been crafting all week, so no new photos to share. I did see some photos of Rachel at camp on the camp website. One photo has her horseback riding. The other was at the waterfront for evening games. I pick her up tomorrow evening. I'm sure she'll have LOTS of stories to tell! :)

No comments: