Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Whatcha working on Wednesday?


Last night was had 19 people for a barbecue for Cub Scouts. Yes, on a school night. It took place for their last den meeting. I don't know if we'll do it next year or not. This year, there were only 4 boys in the den, and next year, we might have to combine with another den that lost their leader. That would make about 11 boys - yikes! I had put out some Memorial Day/patriotic decorations. These are some star bowl fillers I had made last year.


I finished stitching this candle mat last night. I combined a couple different graphics to get the vines, stars and crows. Do you like the light blue lines? That will disappear once I age it in coffee and vanilla.

I stayed home today and stitched up this. I still need to finish the front - maybe I'll finish it late tonight. I'm thinking of turning this into a large candle mat/table mat. I was going to make a pillow, but now want to do something different. I'm liking the button hole stitch, so maybe I'll use that to stitch it to a background. I had used this pattern as framed stitchery for a friend. She had a party for her adopted daughter when she became an official US citizen. Now that it's patriotic/americana season for decorating, I thought I would stitch another one up. It looks so blah without some cranberry color. That's the last color to stitch, then the colors will pop! :)


No comments: