Tuesday, September 28, 2010

WooL APPLiQue ORNieS


I started the wool applique ornies! It's an easy pattern, and I'm using my pile of wool scraps to complete them. The black background pieces are perfect for those thrift shop finds (ie: wool pants, wool skirts). I've never been able to find some cheap off white wool, so that's a quilt shop piece of wool. The snowman jacket is a herringbone blazer that I found and overdyed with a cranberry ~ perfect for this piece! I'm using Valdani thread to blanket stitch around the edges. I thought the slightly overdyed/variegated look would add more of a primitive touch. It would be easy to make the pattern into something more traditional, just by altering the colors.

The snowman are also stitched, and waiting to be blanket stitched together. Now to decide on a hanger. The pattern calls for a brown string loop. Don't know if I"ll go with that, or look in my stash of supplies and see if anything else might look good.


Yesterday afternoon I went for a short walk at a local conservation area. Seems like some of the birch trees there had already dropped their leaves. But the reflection in the water still looked pretty.



Just playing around with the portrait and macro settings on the camera. The above photo is unaltered ~ look at the blue sky!

It's another nice day outside today~ I'll have to get outside to and enjoy this nice fall weather!

~*~ Laura ~*~

1 comment:

Michele said...

I want to go there on my next trip back...gorgeous!