Saturday, September 4, 2010

Friday Night Lights


Last night, I went to my first high school football game ~ the first one since I was in high school. The weather changed, so it was crisp and cool. The first time I had to wear a jacket since springtime.

My son, Matt, is in marching band and plays the trumpet. The band all sits together in the bleachers. It was SO crowded, that we didn't get a seat in those bleachers. For a while, we stood at the end zone, but later found seats on a small section of bleachers. Funny thing, we had to stand to see, as all the others in front were standing. Next time I now know to get there really early to stake out a seat on top of the bleachers to get a good view of the half time show.

Here's the band getting ready to take the field. No, I couldn't pick out which one was Matt!

We had a family photo taken in August for the church directory. It's impossible to get all 6 looking perfect, but this one wasn't too bad.


They also took a photo of just the kids. From left to right: Andrew, Rachel, Matt and James.

I really need to get crafting again. I'm just not motivated. Maybe it was all the hot weather. But, a cool front has hit today ~ it almost feels like fall. The first fall cold hit, too. Rachel came down with a runny nose and sore throat. Sure hope it doesn't hit the rest of us.

Enjoy the long holiday weekend!

No comments: