Monday, August 30, 2010

My weekend

This past weekend, my cousin from California http://ahousefulofboys.blogspot.com/ came to visit. My sister and I took her downtown Chicago on Saturday to do a little sightseeing. We took the train, then a bus to Navy Pier. Even though I'm 50 miles NW of the city, I've never been to Navy Pier (since it became a tourist attraction). The Tall Ships were there, so the place was packed.




We took a boat ride out on Lake Michigan to get a view of the skyline. We also got some nice photos of the ships. The sailboats were sold out, so we couldn't go on those. (I even tried a couple weeks in advance to get tickets) So, we went on one of the double decker ships, and sat on top to catch some sun.
I'll have to upload the rest of my photos, but ran out of time today. Check back tomorrow for more!

~*~ Laura ~*~

No comments: