Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New Etsy Shop



I've been looking at a few items that I've made, and trying to decide what to do with them. I have about 8 stitchery candle mats, and a few other assorted items. I've been exclusively selling on Ebay, but am looking for something different. I don't think a selling blog brings enough traffic. (which reminds me, I REALLY need to update my selling blog!) So, I went to a local resale/antique shop that use to take some craft items. They are now focusing on the vintage/antique stuff. No luck there. I don't know of other shops in the area that would take items, so this afternoon, I opened an Etsy shop. Etsy works like Ebay, in that it brings sellers and buyers together. But, Etsy is strictly for crafts. I just listed 3 items at a low price, just to see what will happen. I'll have to take some more photos while the sun is out, and get more items listed.

http://www.etsy.com/search_results_seller.php?search_query=theappleberrycottage&search_type=seller_usernames

I've purchased a couple items from Etsy sellers, and the transactions have been great. I did find the listings for Etsy quite simple and quick to complete. I am unable to use templates to get unique backgrounds, not using them saves some time. I was able to create categories (so far just candle mats), so buyers can easily see other items. The listings each last up to 4 months (or until it's sold), so no need to keep re-listing unsold items.

Now that school has started, it's nice to get back into a routine. My older three kids just started high school as freshmen on Monday. So far, they all like it. My youngest started 5th grade today, but is playing VERY noisily at the moment, as it was only a 1/2 day of school. :-)

I would love to hear about any Etsy experiences from a sellers standpoint.
Laura

No comments: