Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dry Sink make over




I finished my dry sink make over yesterday! After debating how to finish the sides, I chose to paint it black. Paint that matched the black paint on the table and chairs in the kitchen. (which was another curb side find) So, for $9.99, I have a new dry sink that will hold pantry items.

The black paint really brings out the hammered copper sprayed top. I'm impressed how the copper paint seems really durable. It even has a sparkle to it. It was a lot easier to spray paint it, rather than cut an entire new copper top.


I need a wide angle lens, but it fits right in the middle of a wall, underneath a shelf. The dry sink is small, but the kitchen is small, and anything bigger wouldn't fit. I now need to figure out what to put on top. I would love to re-wire the phone and electrical to hide the phone cords. The house was built in the 70's, so the phones were just hardwired with the phone jack. But for now, we'll live with the cord going to the electrical outlet. It's the gold floor that I"m really beginning to not being able to live with. But the new stick on tiles that are cheap have rounded corners, so that you can grout them. Yes, it looks like ceramic tile, but I don't want to mess with grout in a kitchen.

I was browsing on Etsy the other day, and ran across a really cute idea. It was garden markers created from vintage spoons. So, I went to my favorite resale store and rummaged through their box of silverware. I got only one spoon, just for a test.


I took a hammer, and hammered it flat. I will need to get a larger size of metal stamps, so that I can stamp on the flat part. The smaller size stamps just wouldn't look right. Ideas for sayings are: thyme, dill, sage, etc. These would look cute in indoor pots, too. The long handle goes into the ground (or planting pot), and the top stamped part marks where you've planted your seeds. Once I get a larger stamp, I can locate more spoons to flatten.

High school orientation is tomorrow. Then James starts school next Wednesday. I can't believe how quickly this summer has flown by!
~*~Laura~*~


























3:26



3:11





No comments: