Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Look what I stole!

Look what I stole from the hardware store! Ok, not really, but it sure felt like it. I love Benjamin Moore paints, and they are closing out on the pre-mixed colors. They had some on clearance for only $15.99 per gallon. How could I pass that up? So, the kitchen not only is getting paint on the cabinets, but the walls, too. I primed last night, and put the first coat of paint on this morning. It's an antique white, and darker than the old off white paint that was previously on the walls. It has a hint of beige in it, but still in the white family. Now that it's drying, it really gives a soft look to the room. (the primer paint was a little too stark white for me)

Here's a peek at the color. Like the green tape that's everywhere? You can even see the new light fixture a bit better than other photos. The cd player was moved to it's new home, under the far cabinet. It gets better radio reception in the new spot. That's good. I love listening to the Cubs as they get slaughtered once again. (and again, and again) Don't ask why I'm a Cubs fan.

Tonight it's a 2nd coat of paint, and then I should be able to put everything back together. I can't wait to see how it looks!

No comments: