Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring Break


It's finally spring break! I started a spring penny rug with pink strawberries. I have everything sewn on, with the exception of the strawberry stems/toppers. I didn't like the way the button hole stitching looked on the green tops, so I'm not sure what I'll do next. I'm going to try whip stitching it, and trying different floss. Then to add the stem stitched stems to connect the tops to the oval vine.

This past Thursday, our new Dell arrived! Our old computer was 10 years old, so it was time for a new one. It's amazing to see the difference in technology. With a new large, flat screen, I can see the entire page, without having to scroll to the edges. I'm still getting use to finding files on Windows 7. So, I'm forcing myself to learn and navigate.

Last week Rachel decided to clean her room ~ yipee! It's still mostly clean and picked up, which is totally amazing. (it usually only lasts 1-2 days) She and Matt decided to switch desks in their bedrooms. Rachel took a desk with drawers. I might have to give it a new coat of light white paint this summer to make it fit into her room, as the dark blue just doesn't fit into the green and pink room. Matt thought this desk was just too small for him, and wanted to get rid of it. He took Rachel's old IKEA table instead. He liked the extra leg room. He pushes all the furniture together since the photo, and he likes it. There's now a few extra inches in front of the window, and the table fits his laptop and speakers. I love being able to move things around without spending money!
We have no big plans for spring break. I started cleaning out James' closet. But that will take another day or so to finish. I now have a huge pile of clothes to sort and get rid of. That might be a trip to a thrift store to unload. Now to get to all the old toys and sort them this week....
:-)

No comments: