Sunday, March 7, 2010

Patriotic Punch Needle



I only have one finish to show this week, but it's a good one! This punch project is a bit larger than some of the others I have done - the punch piece measures approx 6 1/2" x 6 1/4". I mounted this one on a hornbook that I cut from some wood, which was painted and stained. The flash makes it look more red, but it's a cranberry color. There's no sunlight outside, so I'm stuck with the flash. Spring and summer will get here one day, then I can get some photos outside in natural light. I'm going to list this one on Ebay later tonight.

I started a small penny rug, but don't want to show it yet. I had to stop and re-sew some pieces that I put a little too high on the background. It's an experiment of turning a stitchery pattern (by Rhonda at Primitive Stitches) into a penny rug. I'm not sure if it will turn out or not, but I'm going to give it a try!



No comments: