Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tuesday's Turkey


I've chosen the next punch needle project to start. It's a primitive turkey! The pattern calls for some Weeks Dye Works and other threads, but I"m using the DMC and combining colors. I"ll make one, and then I can make notes for possible changes on other ones that I do. Even though the pattern is stamped onto the cloth, I made a trip to Office Max to photocopy the cloth so that I can have a printed pattern.


Here's a sneak peak at what it's suppose to look like!


This past Sunday was the Cub Scout rocket launch. Andrew was supervising one of the launch pads. James is all set to push the button for launch.

James with a another Scout, who happens to be one of my favorite kids from lunch last year. Since the school was closed, I was sent to another school. I sure miss some of the kids from last year!
No, it's not my neighbor's Cadillac with the roof sawed off! It was the annual fire station open house for fire prevention week. They used the jaws of life to cut off doors, then remove the roof. The flight for life helicopter couldn't come, as it had an emergency to go on. But, the demonstration on the car was quite interesting.

I'm hoping to have 2 sets of ornies on Ebay this week. I finished stitching them, just need to take some good photos (which involves getting the mini Christmas tree out of storage for some added color in the photo) and get the listings set. One set is 4 Santa ornies, and the other is a set of 4 snowman ornies.

It's another busy week with 2 different part time jobs. One at school, and the other doing some phone work at home. But the extra $ comes in handy when Christmas is approaching ~ only 2 months away!

~*~ Laura ~*~

No comments: