Sunday, January 10, 2010

Something new

I started something new! I'm making a necklace for my daughter, Rachel. I started with a silver bezel, and used a charm for the flower inside. I had to cut the loop off the charm and sand the edges of the charm, but you could never tell the loop was there. The bezel had another ring attached to the bottom, but I ended up cutting that off. The bezel is sterling silver, so I learned that you can cut, sand and polish it, and not tell any loop was there. I added a paisley charm, and some pink crystals. I can't officially finish the flower charm until my order of DG3 Gel arrives. It's a clear gel that will fill the bezel cup. I'm not sure if I want to try adding some glitter to the gel, or maybe some glitter to the back of the bezel. I'll have to play around with it. I know I could always add some scrapbook paper to the background, but I think it would be too busy. It's always fun to try new things, and Rachel is more than willing to take the project when I'm done.

I found some navy and black wool at Hancock Fabrics this week. I also found some cranberry wool at another shop, but it didn't photograph well. I need to get into some natural light instead of using a flash. But, that's hard to do here in the winter. I still need to find some cream/white and orange wool so that I can start on a snowman penny rug. Since many fabric/hobby stores don't carry wool, a trip to a local quilt shop will be next on my list. They carry wool -very expensive wool! But if it's project for me, why not? :) I can always use the scraps for backings on punch needle projects.




No comments: