Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Whatcha Working on Wednesday (a day early!)


I went to a couple craft shows this past weekend. I like to browse, just to get ideas and admire what other artists are making. The first show was at a high school. It was small, but very nice. I've attended every year for the past few years. It's advertised well, good selection of crafts, and best of all, free admission! I found this cute little sign to sit on a shelf. I also bought another sign that says, "Christmas", but in an antiqued white. I like the pumpkin one, as it can be used all autumn.

The second craft show was at the local community college. I had never been to this craft show, or even been in the college. They had no signs to show the entrance (strike one). They charged $2 admission (strike two). They had few customers, and WAY too much jewelery (imports - nothing original or hand stamped like my cousin does at Bella Michele Jewelry) and home party stuff (strike three). They had only 2 decent booths of good quality items. One was quilted items, the other was prim stars & signs. I won't be going back to that show.


This bunny sign I found at a resale shop this morning. It caught my eye. Not because it's a bunny, which I use to collect when I was a kid. But, I liked the hand painting, and I could easily tell it wasn't one of those made in China items. It did remind me of the 1980's, but it has LOTS of possibility! For a whopping $1.49, it was mine! I've been working on it this afternoon, so come back tomorrow when I can upload some photos!

No comments: