Saturday, October 3, 2009

Another freebie find!


I have another find! This time it's a shelf. I was originally thinking about a bowl rack for an empty wall in the living room, but when this one appeared, I took it. Yes, it does have an 80's heart, but that has already been removed. Oops, it left a mark in the wood when prying it off. I'm not sure how I'll finish it, but I know the mark won't show. I might look for another shape (a folk art star?), or just sand it so it doesn't show as much. It might depend on if I repaint it or not. I might just throw some dark walnut stain to really age the piece since some of my living room is blue.

I found the shelf at a free garage sale at our church. Some ladies from my Bible study and I were sorting items earlier in the week. They convinced me to take it. I do like the taller ends that extend above the shelf.


The shelf will go above the pointed section that leads downstairs to the foyer. We live in a bi-level, so it's not a very colonial/prim house. But we moved here almost 10 years ago, and it had large bedrooms, and the ability to add a 4th bedroom downstairs. That was when the market was hot, so we were happy to find a big house that would hold 4 kids. (our last house was tiny and on a slab. We doubled our space in this house!) I'll have to take photos and give a tour. I'm getting lots of ideas of things I would love to do to the house, but there's only so much money. (try feeding 4 kids!) But, if the house was all perfect, what else would I have to look forward to?? :)

No comments: