Friday, April 17, 2009

Catching up


I ended up changing the snowman that I started. I liked the wavy border on paper, but when color was added, I didn't like it at all. (maybe I should color the pictures before punching to get an idea of the look). I ended up ripped out some punches, and making it more of a blue background. The ends of the scarf at longer punches, which I cut into fringe. I'll add this one to my pile of "need to finish", once I decide how to finish this one. I'm done with snow for the year, so this one might sit a while! :)

Tonight was the fun fair at James' school. Matt and I did the popcorn booth for the first half of the evening. At least the weather was great, so a few games were able to be outside.

It's been a busy week in between Easter last weekend, working, errands, and doctor/dentist appointments. It didn't leave much time for blogging, or doing crafts. I really want to learn how to make penny rugs from wool felt. I've been searching for patterns, and supplies. I haven't ordered anything yet. I'm not sure how I will like working with wool, and if it will effect my skin. One of my ideas is a table runner for my dining room table. Maybe just a basic black background with lots of pennies sewn on. I also saw some cute candle mat patterns for Christmas (have to think ahead).

Tomorrow Russ, Andrew and Matt are delivering mulch for Boy Scouts. It's the annual mulch sale for the troop. I ordered a bunch of bags so I don't have to make a few trips to the store and get the van all dirty. Last year they delivered in the rain, but tomorrow is going to be 72 degrees - perfect! The boys don't like selling, but they enjoy the delivery. (I can already tell that they would not enjoy marketing for careers.)

Have a great weekend!


No comments: