Sunday, March 29, 2009

More finishes!

I just finished 2 little pinkeeps to list on EBay tonight (if I can get the listings done). The first is a punchneedle 1857 bunny. It was punched using Valdani and backed with black wool. The edging is black ribbon, and it's stuffed with snippets of rags/fabric for a heavy feel.


The second finish is a peacock pinkeep using historical elements. I had found the peacock pattern, and added letters, crown, heart and borders using various historical Pennsylvania samplers.


It was after I finished this that I found a challenge to do something with the peacock. For anyone else wanting to enter, here's the link:
http://gloryriverprimitives-robby.blogspot.com/


http://gloryriverprimitives-robby.blogspot.com/





I

We woke up this morning to a white landscape! It was really coming down at about 7am, so decided to stay home from church. The plow didn't come by until 9am. It took a while to clear the driveway, since the snow was so wet and heavy. Once the plow came by, it sure was deep at the end of the driveway! I'm hoping not to use the snowblowers until next year.

Tomorrow it's back to school for the kids. It sure was nice to have a week to sleep in and not deal with homework!

No comments: