Sunday, March 1, 2009

Captain Sig

Here's a photo of James at his school music program. He's between a friend from his Cub Scout den and a girl who shares the same birthday as him (we even combine birthday treats and get one really good treat!). He wasn't thrilled about doing the program, but he did sing a little - I think.



I was at Walmart on Friday, and was walking past the freezer isle. This section of frozen fish jumped out at me. We're going to have dinner with Captain Sig!!! For those who don't know Captain Sig, he's the captain of the Northwestern on Discovery Channel's "Deadliest Catch". We got hooked on that show last year, and were glad to see some endorsements for the guys. James thinks these are the actual fish that he caught. Maybe it is, or maybe it's caught by Captain Phil of the Cornelia Marie. We can't cook them yet, though. I was ready to pop some homemade pizzas in the oven last night, and the oven didn't heat up. I ended up putting the pizzas on the grill. It didn't turn out too badly, but would adjust the temperature down a bit next time so the bottoms don't get as dark. Tomorrow I'll try to find a new igniter, and save the money for a service call.


The kids have ISATs this week at school. I'll have to make sure they get to bed early.

No comments: