Monday, December 27, 2010

Yarn holder


I found a new use for a vintage wood bowl ~ as a yarn holder. I've been busy crocheting a baby afghan, but that big ball of yarn kept rolling around the floor. I usually use a carrying bag to store it in, but mine is full of punch needle supplies at the moment. So, I looked over at the coffee table, and tried a bowl that I purchased at an antique store a few weeks ago. It's a shallow bowl, but it does the trick of holding the yarn in one place.


I'm still playing with my new Sony Bloggie touch. The camera portion doesn't have a flash, but it does take indoor photos.

Not too bad for a darker room, with only a couple lamps on.

Here's the photos it takes outdoors. James was really wanting to try out his new bike, so I took it outside. He needs to get comfortable using hand brakes instead of coaster brakes. He only rode up and down the street a couple times, as it's really cold. It's suppose to warm up in the upper 40's by Saturday, so I'm sure he'll be out more, as long as it doesn't rain.



I playing with the video part of the Bloggie. It can take still photos while it's still video recording ~ how cool is that?

I'm back to crocheting. Maybe I can finish this afghan in the next couple days. :-)

~*~ Laura ~*~

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I may have to learn how to knit, just so I can make something from the Charmed Knits book of Harry Potter projects. So many ideas for what to do when the nest is empty and still so little time!