Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sneak preview!

Since I have a few Christmas items listed on Ebay, I thought I would continue the Christmas in July theme. I took a rug hooking pattern, and turned it into a punch needle pattern. This photo doesn't do it justice. The gold/tan background is very subtle. I punched it using 3 different shades, and combined them in different amount through out the background. The effect is is a very subtle shading and gives the piece some depth. The outside border is a warm brown, and gives it a warm tone. Now I have to decide how I'll finish this piece. I'm thinking a pinkeep, with a wool background. It measures 5 1/2" x 6". When I'm done, I'll list it on Ebay (though I might change my mind!). I'll have to get it in a different light and see how the photos turn out. Sometimes just taking it outside in the shade will get a better photo to what the colors actually are. Now to start planning the next project, now that I"m motivated!

No comments: