Monday, August 15, 2011

Work in Progress



I got a little further on my rug. I need to go cut more black wool at the local quilt shop, but I also need to "fix" the border on the rug. I try to hook in every 2 squares on monks cloth, but the left border is 1 row wider than the bottom. I might finish hooking the other borders before I decide to remove a row. I might decide to add another row to the bottom instead. I'll see how the other sides look first.


This weekend we got rid of our old van. We tried taking it to Carmax, but they only offered us $50 for it. So, we didn't sell it to Carmax, but called a wrecking yard. The parts are worth more than $50. So we got a few hundred bucks instead. It needed a new motor, and that was just the beginning. It would cost more to repair than the car was worth. The tow truck driver arrived, and then the hail storm hit. Thankfully, it was only small hail.

On Friday, I received a call with a job offer! I'm going to be a kindergarten aide at school! It will be 33.75 hrs per week. I haven't worked a full time job in 16 years, so this will be a change. It's not good money, but it's close by, and I'll still have Thanksgiving week, Christmas break, spring break, and summers off with my kids. I start next week, so this week I'll be trying to finish some of the unfinished projects around here.

~*~ Laura ~*~

4 comments:

Patty Sumner said...

I love the rug. It is looking really grat! Sorry, about your van but I am very happy to hear about your new job. Blessings and Enjoy!

Linda said...

There's definitely something to be said for proximity and a job with the school calendar! Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Wow - good news on your job. Hopefully you will still have enough energy to hook and punch at night!

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Oh that's happy news on the job! You will love kindergarten! Love your bird. Sorry about your van...I just put a used engine in my car...hope it lasts me a while.