Thursday, December 27, 2012

Snowman and Santa


I finally got around to binding my snowman rug. I used strips of background wool over cording for this finish. This rug was done on monks cloth, and it was difficult to go back to working on monks cloth for me. Seems like I kept breaking a few of the threads as I was binding. But, it's soft to work with and cheaper than linen. It was something to start with, and learn what my backing preferences are.


I started punching more of my Santa. Yes, it's now after Christmas, but we had school/work up until Friday. That didn't leave a lot of time to get projects done.


My arm was getting really scratched up from the gripper strips on my frame. I tried using a dish towel, but kept having to move the towel to cover my arm. Then the edges kept scratching my other arm. I don't have any extra stretchy headbands that other suggested to use as a cover. I just tried  a pair of terry ice skate blade soakers that I had. I put some extra strips of muslin over the other 2 edges, and it worked! It holds and no more scratchy edges!

I had to get another photo of this punch piece. Seems like each day that I get out my camera, it's too cloudy, and the camera turns the colors to brighter red - which it is not. I need to add a sawtooth hanger to the back of this one and hang it up in my hallway.

I now have the next week and a half to relax and get some projects done around the house. I'm still job hunting, and seriously considering creating and selling some punch needle patterns. (the quilt, and the Santa, and then a Valentine one still in the design stages). I think that will keep me busy.

The kids are busy with their new things. My youngest has been saving his money, and had enough after Christmas to get a laptop. (it's like a gift to me, as I get my computer back) The others have been busy spending their Christmas money. It's nice they can go out and drive themselves.

Hope everyone had a blessed Christmas!

~*~ Laura ~*~


1 comment:

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Your snowman rug turned out so nice. Love the colors. Enjoy your bit of free time!