Sunday, July 1, 2012

* Perfect *

 Yesterday I  went in search of a yellow wool for my snowman rug. The yellows I had at home were just a bit too dark, too gold. I saw a piece of wool I really liked, but it was bundled in a kit. There was a similar wool, but not as yellow. I thought it would do, but after getting it home, I decided I didn't like it enough for the sections I needed to hook. So... I took a chance and put the new, mottled wool into the dye pot with just a hint of yellow dye. My sample strip came out better than I expected. So, I put another section of wool into the pot, and it came out  *perfect*! I lovely shade of yellow, with hints of tan. (so much prettier in person). You can see the before piece, and the after piece that has been  cut into worms.



 I hooked all the sections that needed yellow last evening. I love how the yellow makes the blue jacket pop.
Next up is the background and the trees!

~*~ Laura ~*~

1 comment:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

It's always great when a wool color works...trial and error! Great job!
Hugs,
Courtney