Saturday, July 14, 2012

Rug Progress

Now that the yellow areas are completed,  I've started working on the background.  I'm using about 5 different textures, and really like the look of it. I was getting a nice variation of black, greys, brown, and a hint of green. But, I thought it needed a kick of something else. So, I took a blue that I had and tried a few pieces of it. it goes better than I expected! I really like the look of it being old and primitive, with lots of color variation. I'm hoping I have enough of the dark wools to complete the entire background.


It's just been WAY too hot to work on the rug the past couple weeks. A week ago, we had temperatures that exceeded over 100 - yuck. My hubby and youngest boy were at scout camp that entire week ~ outdoors in the heat. I'm surprised they came home in good moods after having no air conditioning for the week.  Now if we can get some rain, as my lawn looks like a hay field.


I did start another project of adding some trim to the door leading to the garage. It's a flat, metal door. Kinda boring if you ask me. I had some leftover trim (I bought the wrong stuff when trying to repair the deck when the squirrels chewed through the screens.) that was just waiting for me to use it. I adhered the trim to the door with some Liquid Nails.  I tried to miter the corners, but didn't do a great job. A little bit of caulk in between the gaps fixed that easily.  I now have a door that has a paneled look. Now to paint the door, plus the rest of the foyer. I can't  decide on colors. Decisions, decisions....



1 comment:

Karen said...

I love your rug and pretty trim work around the door.