Thursday, July 26, 2012

Summer

 I've been trying to work a bit on my rug each evening. The edges are now outlined and I"m slowly outlining each object. I do want to outline the trees before I start the background by them. That way the trees will have the exact shape, and (hopefully) no need to reverse  hook.  Now that summer school is done, I'll have a few more hours to play around.

 Today is rained! My youngest was so excited that he and his friends did a dance outside. We've had a some rain in the past week, so shady parts of the lawn are green. Now yellow. Not tan. Not brown. But green. The sunny parts are still brown. Even my hostas are dried up. My annuals haven't liked the hot, hot weather. I've given up trying to keep some of them alive. But, a few have survived to brighten up the yard.


 I've been job hunting for the past couple months. It's a tough market out there. It takes a lot of time to search on line, and then fill out online applications. Gotta love the ones that have lengthy questionnaires attached to them. After spending a hour filling out just one application and questionnaire, it's quick to reject you. I'm hoping the right job is out there - one that is close to home, high pay, and something that I enjoy. Maybe I should just play the Lotto instead??  :)

~*~ Laura ~*~





1 comment:

newburyarts said...

*****the rugs looks good...not much
rain here in the northeast. the weather has been cool and dry, but the sun is hot with nice ocean breezes. rain today...but not enough to really help. this is the
first time in many years that we have a water ban...which is rather funny since we are on the atlantic ocean! tom