Sunday, March 4, 2012

Worms

I'm getting close! Just some more background to fill in, then to re-work a few sections. I can really tell the sections that I hooked first. I won't tear out all the old sections, but just a few. I can blame some of it on my old glasses, as I couldn't see it! :)

I hooked the face of the snowman this week. It's a little darker than expected, but I like it. It gives it a really folk art/prim look. The cheeks are a nice salmon color from a box of worms I received.


I was lucky to be the recipient of a hug box of worms from another hooker that was downsizing her boxes of worms! I sorted them into colors, and tied them into bundles. I now have some pre-cut worms to choose from when working on a small area, or blend them with other wools.

They are now sitting in a big bag, waiting for more projects. I purchased some linen to try, but I need to finish at least one rug before I draw out the next one.

I'm off to hook some more!

~*~ Laura ~*~

2 comments:

Linda said...

Love your projects. The snowman color is perfect!

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Your rugs are fun and looking great! What a great gift in those worms!
Hugs,
Courtney