Thursday, March 31, 2011

I need a break from Spring Break!

One week just isn't long enough ~ I need a break from Spring Break! Today was grocery shopping (we still have to eat), and shopping for home stuff. I found this light fixture in a brushed nickel for our lower level bathroom. It's a tiny bath room, and not a lot of space between the mirror and the ceiling. We removed a 3 light hollywood bar light, and put in this updated one. It's the same amount of wattage and same number of bulbs as the old one, but it's brighter. I think because the lights are pointed in a downward direction. Now to paint the room. (can you see the stenciling that was there previously?) Not much wall space to paint, it's just going around the cabinets that will take some time. I also installed some new toilet seats and a new floor vent on the upstairs bathroom. I did take a break to watch American Idol. :-)

On Tuesday, this was Rachel before.

This is after. She now has braces (on the top, then add the bottoms later). She chose pink and purple bands. She's thrilled to start the process of straightening her teeth and correcting her bite. I can't wait to see what the end result will be!

~*~ Laura ~*~

4 comments:

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

She is still smiling after getting on the braces...hope they don't hurt too bad!
Your amazing....with all these home improvements!

Patty Sumner said...

Yes, sometimes our breaks turn into so much work, but the end result of your labor is great! How cute in her braces. Blessings and I hope you get a little rest before your Spring break ends.

Michele said...

Rachel...I am loving your hair! So pretty!

And Laura...I have lots of projects that need to be done. Time to come visit me and help. Road trip? =0)

Cheryl said...

Can I have just another day or two of spring break? I didn't make it through my wishful to-do list, and my closet really needs some organization and attention. Liz's closet is nicely cleaned out with the remains well-organized, though!