Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Springtime weekend


It's a springtime weekend. The weather is gorgeous, and my plants are starting to pop out of the ground. I finished some stitching this weekend, too. This is a larger rabbit penny rug that I'm going to put on Ebay tonight. I had the spring pattern, but made this one more year round. I ended up changing the center stitched vine. The pattern had a green vine, and I switched it to tan/beige. I wanted it to look more like a grapevine wreath. I stitched it in a straight circle, but might change it to more of a squiggly line next time. Sometimes it's easier to make 2 of the same pattern at the same time. It seems to go quicker.


A trip to the Goodwill store this afternoon to drop off bags of old clothes and toys. Rachel (OK, "I") found this Kate Spade purse sitting in one of their displays. The polka dots are a light pink, but I couldn't get my camera to capture that. We grabbed it, as I thought it was SO cute! It still had the packaging on the handles, but had a scratch on the bottom part. No big deal. I have to admit I didn't know what the original price would be (I'm still deciding on one of the Coach purses that I saw) since I'm not familiar with the designer. After looking online, I think we got a really good deal! I might "borrow" the purse from Rachel from time to time!


Here's a photo of Matt. This is the "before" photo. Tomorrow he'll look different, as he's getting braces. They are starting with the upper, then will add the lower on the next appointment. We're starting ortho with one kid, but 2 more need work, too. I'm already thinking that next year's tax refund will be gone before we even see it. At least Matt wants straight teeth, and will take care of them. I'll have to get a photo tomorrow evening of the "after".

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Laura

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know it's been years since you wrote about the "kate spade" in your blog, but I wanted to let you know that the purse is a total counterfeit. It was quite illegal for Goodwill to sell that bag... whether they knew it was counterfeit or not... :)