Saturday, April 16, 2011

I finally finished!




I finally finished this cute little rug! I bound the edges with black yarn, and used a piece of black wool instead of twill tape for the back. I want to make another one to work on getting the loops even, and work on edges of color changes. With everything, it takes time to learn. It's so cold today, that working with wool sure sounds good! This afternoon it was snowing. Nothing like last Sunday, when it was in the 80's.


I started patching some holes in the upstairs bathroom ~ getting ready to paint that room next. I might have to take out a tile on the upstairs bathroom floor. It's not adhered to the floor, so it's causing the new grout to crack. Maybe an area rug might be an easier fix! =) For now, I'll wait for some caulk to dry so that I can move onto the next step of taping and priming.

~*~ Laura ~*~

4 comments:

Gayle said...

Darling little rug! I can't quite tell from the angle if it's round of oval! Good luck with the bathroom project - it'll be SO worth it when it's done!

Patty Sumner said...

The rug is beautiful I admire those who can do these types of things. Blessings to you!

Courtney said...

The mat came out great! I like your area rug idea for the tile--gives you another reason to hook something else--not that we need one! ;-)
Courtney

adailydoseoffiber said...

Your mat looks good! There is another RH class doing finishing Wednesday night from 6:30- 8:30 if you want to stop by. I'm happy to help you design or start something new. ;-D