Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Valentine Angel


I finished the Valentine angel this morning! I decided to make a little pillow/pinkeep out of it. The front is a piece of plaid homespun fabric, and the backing is a piece of spot dyed cranberry wool. It's whip stitched together with some cranberry pearl cotton. I just love the muted colors in this one.

I also got some photos of the baby afghan. Now to edit, upload and create some Ebay listings tonight. It might be late tonight, as I have a planning meeting for the Cub Scout Blue & Gold dinner. I also need to finish the other punch piece, but am still debating on how to finish it. I thought I would also put some quilt shop fabric behind it, but it just didn't seem to do the piece justice. I still have plenty of barn red/cranberry wool, so that's a possibility, too. Maybe I'll start another project, and then get inspired on the finishing touch.

Yesterday I ran to the quilt shop to pick up the backing fabric, and I did sign up for a rug hooking class. I can't wait to learn something new! :-)

~*~ Laura ~*~

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

You do such a nice job on your projects. I'm going to have to try punching with 6 strands one of these days, I've only tried 3. I love how yours looks!

Patty Sumner said...

You do a wonderful job (as usual). Love the angel! Blessings!