Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer happenings



Baseball season is officially done for James. The play offs are still going on (and on, and on) due to so many rain outs this season. He now can concentrate on all the summer activities and just hanging out.


One thing that a 10 yr old boy and his friends like to do is catch tadpoles at the local pond. Not just catch them, but also bring them home.


We're still having fun watching for our "pet" foxes in the backyard. This photo above was taken one quiet morning. This fox just wanted to lay around in the shade. He sure is cute!

Then one day last week, we noticed they brought back a rawhide dog bone. I have no idea whose dog they stole it from! But the bone moves around every day, so I know they are playing with it. I've even seen them playing with branches that have fallen from bushes. I wonder what will be next?


Today I had a birthday party for James. A couple weeks late, but that's ok. His birthday was June 8, and school was just getting out. I couldn't plan on any weekend dates due to baseball, so we had to pick a weekday. I think we picked a perfect day for lunch and a waterpark party! Sunny (NO rain!!! NO thunderstorms!! ) and 82 degrees ~ perfect! He invited his 2 best friends for a fun filled afternoon.


After a quick lunch at Portillos, we headed a couple towns north to Woodstock and their waterpark. It has a zero depth pool with 2 large slides, and several activity stations/fountains. Of course, I had to get a silly photo of the boys.


And a more "serious" photo of them.


Ice cream break time. All had fun, even Matt and Rachel that came along for the afternoon.

I started a bunch more candle mats this week. After taking a break from crafting (ok, and blogging, too!), and back at it. I finished 2 of these Americana mats, and am working on some other ones. I cut and need to sand and paint a hornbook for the last punch needle piece, but my camera needed batteries, so you'll have to wait to see photos of that. I'll have to see what other crafts I can accomplish this week. It will be really quiet since Andrew and Matt leave for Boy Scout camp on Sunday. I'll be down to only 2 kids at home! Hopefully more crafting time! :-)

Laura

No comments: