Thursday, February 12, 2009

Resale find and jobs


I found this cute little board at a resale shop this morning. I was out browsing to get inspired for crafts. It's slow on Ebay, and am looking to create something different. I'm thinking sand, stain, paint and grubby the board and use it either as a candle board, or to mount a punch needle. I could even use some chalkboard paint and put a chalkboard under the punch needle. For 79 cents, I can't go wrong.

Starting the end of next week, I'll be the ice cream cashier at the schools. It's 3 days a week, and a whopping 6.75 hrs per week, but its a permanent job. It still leaves me with Wednesdays open for my Bible study, and Thursdays for childcare at MOPS. I do have to quit 2 other childcare jobs to take the cashier job, but it goes until Memorial Day, where the childcare is done usually at the end of April/first week in May. The new job would give me an extra month's wages.

Last night we went to Noodles and Co. for dinner for my birthday. (it was James' choice). Then came home and watched Idol. I have several favorites already: Scott MacIntyre, Anoop Desai, and Danny Gokey. We'll see how they do on their first round next week.

No comments: