Tuesday, October 2, 2012

What's on my frame??


I found a new home for my vintage quilt. It's on the living room chair. I won't be cutting it up, so my sister can breath a sigh of relief! I don't need a quilt ,as the weather has been gorgeous. But, winter is coming, and a nice quilt would be nice to keep around.


What's on my frame??? I've been working on my older snowman face rug that I started a while ago. I decided to do the background in a saltbox red that I dyed. I used a natural, oatmeal, and 2 light plaids of wool all in the same dye pot. My flash is really emphasizing the differences in the wools, but it's a nice blend.


I'm not thrilled about hooking on monks cloth again. I'm finding that my hook gets stuck and I end of grabbing a small section the cloth. I think I'll stick to linen for all future projects.

I get a 4 day weekend this weekend. I might end up painting the foyer, on top of doing more job hunting. I'm totally discouraged about finding a job. I just applied to an internal posting, but didn't even get an interview. Sigh. Maybe one day. If only I could get paid (enough to make it worthwhile) to craft and rug hook. But, that might take away from the relaxation of it. I think I'll spend the rest of the evening finishing another section of the background. I might have to dye up a little more wool to finish the entire background. I'll see how far my wool worms go.

~*~ Laura ~*~

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Whew. I thought I was going to have to come and rescue the quilt. It looks really nice on the chair. Enjoy your long weekend! If you get bored, I'll still be teaching on Friday and Monday, so you could always come and hang out with kindergarteners.

newburyarts said...

*****your rugs looks great and the
background reds are perfect. keep up the good work! tom