Sunday, January 22, 2012
I stopped into my local thrift store yesterday. All orange tag items were only $1.00. I found a green plaid wool skirt for only $1.00. I also found a Woolrich plaid pair of shorts for only $1.00. Not too bad for wool items. I think the green (very pretty in person, I just don't want to mess with my camera and adjusting colors now) will look great as leafs or grass in a rug.
We didn't have a snow day on Friday, but did get about 7 inches of snow by Saturday morning. So, I spend Friday evening hooking my new dark wool. I did an experimental row at the bottom of the rug, just to see what a row of each looked like. I wanted to make sure I was going to use all three plaids. (which I am)
I then started outlining the edges with 2 rows, then outlining the flowers with 2 rows. I cut equal amounts of each wool, threw it into a basket, and am randomly pulling out worms to hook. I like the look of the black/brown ~ it's very subtle. I'm hoping to get more done today. Once done with outlining, I'll add some interest to the background by drawing some s's or c's and going around them. I haven't attempted that before, so yet something new to experiment on.
Have a great weekend!
~*~ Laura ~*~