Monday, October 24, 2011

Happy Monday!



Only 1 more week until we get all the trick or treaters. I've been a scrooge this year, and haven't really decorated for fall. Just a couple door hangers on the front doors and a few bowl fillers. (like my Frankenstein faces above) I don't like to do corn stalks anymore, as it attracts mice, squirrels, and raccoons. We've even had outdoor pumpkins eaten by critters. We certainly don't need more of them around!

I finally got my camera working today. My SD card was stuck on "locked", so I was unable to take photos. Got a new card tonight, and I'm good to go. I realized that there was only 1 choice available for SD cards, as my camera won't accept the HD cards. (yep, I have an older Canon, but it works and I like it. I'll use it until it dies) This is my rug that I've been working on. I didn't get anything accomplished this past week, as cold season hit my household. But, now that we're feeling better, I ordered more wool for the flowers/leaves. Can't wait for it to arrive!

While I'm waiting for my new wool, I also have been re-working the bird rug. I didn't like the background, so I tore out several rows and re-hooked them. I'm still thinking of doing something different with the wing. It just doesn't stand out enough.
I have a pile of worms that I tore out. I would like to re-use them, but will need to iron them to flatten them out. Anyone have any good techniques for doing this?

~*~ Laura ~*~

2 comments:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Your flower rug is lovely and I can't wait to see it all hooked up. I like the little crow too!

Anonymous said...

I don't iron the strips; I just hook them again. It works fine with the narrower strips but I can't confirm for the wide cut. I'd make the bird be a red winged blackbird, but that may be too bright for you! ;-D I can bring some reddish strips on Saturday if you want to try. What cut are you using? Looks like you have lots to bring for show and tell. See you then~~~