Thursday, October 27, 2011

Goodies!




Last evening, I went in search of some candle rings for my dining room chandelier. I didn't realize how difficult it would be to locate them. Guess the stores don't carry them. So, not wanting to wait to order and ship some, I made my own. I found some berry branches at Hobby Lobby, twisted them into a ring, and placed them on the chandelier candles. Since the candles hang high, no one will see the twisted wire ~ only the berries hanging down. Best part ~ they were 40% off!



I started a Thanksgiving turkey punch needle for a special order. I loved punching this pattern last year. This one will be done with 3 strands, and I changed the date to this year.


Today, the mailman brought me my package of wool that I ordered from Ram in the Thicket! Yipee! http://raminthethicket.ecrater.com/ I found Susan's site while browing for rug hooking wool. Best part is that you can purchase a small amount, as in a 3x18 strip of wool. No need to buy 1/8, or 1/4 yard, when you only need a small amount. It's a great way to get a few shades closely matched. I can't wait to cut and start hooking with this! It's for my floral rug that I started.

Now to see if I can get my photos uploaded. I've tried several times, and blogger won't upload photos for me. Finally got the photos to upload!

*~* Laura ~*~

1 comment:

Gayle said...

I've been looking for small berry rings for my chandlier for over a year - why didn't I think of making my own? You're a genius! I'll pick some up next time I go to Hobby Lobby! Your new wool looks yummy!