Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Countdown



Now that the school year is winding down, I actually cut out my next project. It's a small wool applique table runner. I'll start with the normal pattern, then enlarge it to make a larger one for my dining room table.


Slave labor is still in fashion around here. If the kids want to drive, they have to wash the car. I'll have to inspect the wash job, but they have all summer to improve their washing skills!


This past weekend, we had a birthday party for James and my dad. I think both were happy with the gifts they received. James got some video games, just one Lego set, and computer game items. It will keep him busy once school is out.

My dad got some new shirts, and a new iHome. We'll have to see if he can figure out how to work the iHome, or if Matt needs to make a visit and show him again. (but it might require Matt's selection of music!)


Only 2 days left of work for me. I'm taking the last full school day as a personal day, so that I can take the teens to summer school for drivers ed. One more day of finals for the high schoolers, then they are officially out for summer! Let the count down begin!

~*~ Laura ~*~

3 comments:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Lucky you getting out for summer break so early! We go to the 23rd. Yikes! All those snow days. I love the runner!
Courtney

Michele said...

Happy Birthday to James! Grandma and Grandpa look great, too!

Any jobs come up for next school year or will you be doing the same one?

Anonymous said...

The new runner is cute. I like the basket fabric. Will you be coming to the Midwest Fiber & Folk Fest at the end of the month? I'll be there teaching rug hooking and the Foxy Ladies group will be there to demonstrate. Should be fun. I'm just about to check and see who the vendors are!