Sunday, November 11, 2012

Success




Last weekend, the squirrels were successful in chewing our pumpkin. I woke up and found a huge hole in the pumpkin. Plus, all the insides were eaten (and some left on the doorstep). They haven't touched the smaller pie pumpkins, so at least I still have those.


I've been busy stitching some ornies for an order. I have a bunch mostly stitched, and another batch to start. I think that will keep me busy during the evenings this week. My goal is to finish them by Thanksgiving. I'm still debating on what to put inside the mitten. Some greenery, cinnamon stick, ice branches, or something else? I'll think about that as I sew. At least the dyeing, and cutting and wonder under is all done. I have some new black pearl cotton, so I'm set to go.



Yet another football game yesterday. Our team keep winning! Matt is here in the marching band. He gets this week off, as it's an away game next weekend. After that, it's the state championships. The band gets to go for half time. That means we'll drive the 3 1/2 hours downstate to watch!  (assuming we win next week)  (for those observant people, yes, it's barbed wire in the photo. I've been standing outside the field rather than in the bleachers. It's a great view of the game from the end zone. Plus, no people trying to get out from their seats tripping over those that are sitting in the bleachers. Yesterday, there was quite a crowd watching from my favorite spot)

One more week, then I get Thanksgiving week off of school. I wonder how pumped the kids will be this week? If we get some snow flurries, that sure will spark some excitement!

~*~ Laura ~*~

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

We always give our jack-o-lanterns to the little critters on the day after Halloween. We put it under one of the evergreen trees and watch the squirrels eat.The jack-o-lantern face is now one giant hole.

Lake Zurich won its football game too. They are class 7A, so Cary-Grove and Lake Zurich could both end up downstate if they win next week. We went downstate with LZ when Liz was in band. It was a blast! We opted to drive instead of buying a seat on the chartered fan buses. It was so much fun! I hope you get to go!

Patty Sumner said...

You always make such beautiful things... the critters have actually left our pumpkins alone.... have fun with all the band outings.. blessings!